Monday, May 4, 2009

Week3, Day3

I got my last Week 3 run in Monday morning while Bryan was still home. Early! It was about 55 degrees outside, and I know I'm going to be missing that soon!

I made it through the intervals, but that last 3-minute run was pretty sloppy. I feel like I need to do this Week 3 plan one more time. Is that cheating?

I am still pleased with how quickly I seem to be recovering. That's encouraging. On the "down" side, my legs are very tired today, and my shins are still pretty sore. They aren't nearly as bad as before I got my new shoes, but if, for example, an almost-three year-old sits on my lap while I am cross-legged and puts any weight on my shins - OUCH!

Also, how can I avoid tomato-face? My face gets SO red and stays red forever afterwards.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

We need some kind of acronym for "Get out of my head." My face gets super red and flushed when I exercise too! I think it's genetic bc it happens to Nate when he runs in heat or gets a fever.

Kimba said...

Great job! Keep up the good work! It gets easier the more you do it. Like I mentioned to you, I just started running again too. I ran before Kyler was born, but haven't since. I always have landmarks as my goal such as a mailbox or car parked, etc. It encourages me to go a little longer when I normally would stop. Then when I make it to the mailbox, I say, okay now let's make it to that tree up there, etc. It helps me to push myself when I am dying! I must have looked like I was truly dying today because a truck stopped and asked if I was okay and if I needed a ride home!!! That was embarrassing! No, I was just beat and RED (my face turns bright red also and always has!) I politely said "no thank you" and made it home.

Amy L said...

My face turns bright red when I work out, too. I think it's just genetics! It doesn't matter how good of shape I'm in - I still get really flushed.

And I don't think it's cheating to repeat a week - the important thing is just to stick with it!

Anne said...

Way to go! Way to hang in there.
Did you watch TBL yet? Talk about inspiring!