Monday, March 9, 2009

Week1, Day1

My blog-friend, Bridget, has inspired me to start the C25K program (link at right). I am a total couch potato, and I've never been one to work out. There was ONE summer in college where I regularly went to a gym. I've never felt more sexy than I did that summer - and I wasn't even dating anyone.

This program actually seems do-able. We don't have a treadmill, so one of my excuses has been "when would I do it?" There's no way I'm getting up before AJC, and I am in charge of the boys until DH leaves with them. Then I work. Then I pick up the boys and get them to bed. Then I have to stay home, because DH is not reliably home, and someone has to be there while the kiddos are sleeping. So I told DH that I need his help, and I'm going at 7:30 whether the boys are ready to go or not. We'll see how that goes. =)

I downloaded the podcast and the Christian idie track and did the latter today. The songs were not that great, but I like the verbal cues - much better than trying to time myself. Dude - it was HARD. I want to stick with it. It will get easier, right? I'd love to become addicted to running - it seems like it's the best way to keep in good shape. I feel like if I could just run for 30 minutes 3-4 times/week, I would be a lot healthier.

So I'm not going to blog about this on Crawford House. I want to have some outside accountability, but I don't really want to tell my friends/family here. I'm embarrassed, I guess, and I'd like to make some progress before I tell them.

No comments: