Friday, March 20, 2009

Incentives

As LauraC pointed out in the comments, some of the running "hurdles" are easier to overcome if you have the right equipment. For example, if we had a treadmill, it wouldn't matter if I had to stay home with the boys or the weather was bad.

However, I have a long history of being L-A-Z-Y. I don't want to be that girl who buys all the stuff for working out, then never does it. I want to earn the stuff.

So I've created a small incentive plan for myself. Each time I finish a week on the c25k program, I get to buy something. In honor of completing Week1, I have mentally awarded myself a new pair of athletic shorts.

In future weeks, I might like to have a pedometer or one of those arm bands to hold my ipod. As I get thinner (and stop nursing), I'll need new sports bras.

And if, at the end of the day, I can make this a habit, perhaps I'll get a membership to the brand new 24-hour Fitness Sport that is supposedly going to be built next to our new Target. Which is on the way to daycare. And has childcare available. And air conditioning.

Now, that's an incentive I can run for.

No comments: